High level profiles who share their industrial experiences and a strong ambition for results.
DAVID BONNUS - Founding Partner
Foundation Partner of STEP Consulting, David has 20 years experience including 11 in management consulting. He has been mainly acting on technology intensive industries such as aeronautics, defense and energy production.
David started his career as “Lean Manufacturing” project leader for the industrial division of 3M France. During 4 years, he conducted several industrial performance improvement projects and worked on all the industrial French sites. He implemented industrial management best practices.
For PwC Consulting, David participated to several major transformation programs for aerospace global leading companies, in merger & acquisition or performance enhancement contexts.
He has led projects such as procurement and inventory management, industrial excellence program, product customization management… In 2003, he is appointed Europe Supply Chain manager for aeronautic sector.
In 2004, with others experienced consultants, he founded STEP Consulting. STEP Consulting is a consulting firm dedicated to technological intensive industries, and particularly aeronautics.
Among his favorite subjects:
- Industrial operations
- Procurement & inventory management
- Product or offers optimization such as standardization, complexity reduction
- Research & product development
FREDERIC LE CORRE - Founding Partner
Foundation Partner of STEP Consulting, Frederic holds an engineering degree (SUPAERO) ; he has 18 years experience in management consulting.
Throughout his career, Frederic has defined and managed multiple major transformation programs & value creation programs mostly in the Aerospace sector.
- Creation / development of activities and partnerships
- Business development, profitability enhancement
- Cost reduction programs
- Organization diagnosis and transformation
- Design offices performance improvement
- Supply Chain optimization and stock reduction
He has developed a strong expertise in the aerospace After Sales and maintenance domain:
- Services strategy: flight hours contracts,…
- Performance improvement of aircraft maintenance workshop & upgrade activities (lead-time, costs)
- Technical support optimization
- Improvement of spares supply chain
- Technical documentation activity transformation (maintenance, spares, service bulletins, …)
The different projects that Frederic led allowed to significantly improve his customer’s performance on a long-term basis: profitability enhancement, turnover increase, lead-time reduction, on-time delivery… those performance enhancements are clearly reflected in his customers’ accounts and remain measurable.
To support strategic changes, he deploys rigorous approaches that are balanced combinations of sector-based expertise, analysis methodology, change management, customer’s team coaching and economical management of progresses.
However, Frederic is paying special attention not to apply turnkey methods and to deeply understand organizational and cultural specificities of his customers.
CHRISTOPHE BARTH - Partner
Christophe, partner, is graduated from Ecole Polytechnique and SUPAERO.
He has 15 years of professional experience in Aerospace & Defense, including 10 as consultant. His favorite topics:
- R&D performance management, Research and Innovation policies
- Development costs and lead time reduction
- Digitalization of operations (manufacturing, procurement)
- Business development
He always takes care to base his interventions on a strong operational vision, relying on his various assignments, as well as his 5 years early experience as Systems Engineer in the Defense industry.
FLORENT DENIS - Partner
Florent has 13 years of experience in management consulting for industrial companies. He holds an engineering degree from Ecole Central de Lyon and a Master in Business Administration from Paris-Sorbonne.
He developed and implemented for various industrial customers methodologies to optimize the Supply Chain:
- Costs: operational excellence, redesign-to-cost, structure
- Cycle times: Sales & Operation Plan (S&OP), Order-to-cash cycle, R&D lead time
- Invested Capital: inventory levels, investments optimization
He also contributed to the turnaround of industrial customers, in particular by refocusing on their core business with cross functional approaches involving finance, marketing and supply chain.
Those experiences led him to support customers in their Merger & Acquisition operations, in particular in the integration phase: framing and steering of the integration, exit of Transitory Services, implementation of the target operating model.
Functions: Operations (Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Commercial), R&D
Sectors: Luxury, Agrifood, Pharma, Cosmetics
LAURA - Executive Assistant
Laura is the assistant of the STEP Consulting management team. She has an International Business degree and an assistantship degree.
During the first two years of her career, she was responsible for assisting the HR manager in a world leader in energy.
In 2011, she joins STEP Consulting to continue developing herself and she participates each day to the smooth running of the company.
ALAIN - Director
Alain is engineer, graduated from Ecole Centrale Paris (ECP). Director, he has more than 13 years experience in management consulting. He worked for several key European actors of the aerospace field.
He developed a robust expertise in the Customer Services and after sales field for Aerospace & Defense customers, especially on Supply Chain optimization and new Services development such as Fly by the Hour Services.
Recently, Alain supported the definition and implementation of new services in aerospace for several major Airframers (Flight Hour Services or similar), either on fix or rotary-wing, for civil or military markets.
- He supported those customers to define strategy (markets, products, partners) and secure proper project framing.
- He supported the definition of the business model (markets, investment, financing scheme, suppliers relationship)
- He has defined and implemented management processes (sales, procurement, operations, organization, IS tool specification).
In parallel, he has supported two major transformations project in customer services, with visible results on Cost reduction or performance improvement ( Material management Engineering support, Training, MRO activities…)
He also managed also several drastic stock reduction projects and world wide supply chain improvement projects based on rapid diagnosis methodology. The results have always been visible and approved by the customers: On-time delivery improvement , Stock reduction , Logistic cost reduction.
In the past Alain acquire key competences in other areas: Procurement function optimization, Standardization in Engineering, Financial optimization, SAP implementation.
His favorite subjects are: new services development, operational performance improvement, spares forecast and stock reduction.
ERIC - Director
Eric has over 20 years of experience both in consulting firms and Industrial Groups. His key domains are R&D (Engineering Process optimization, Modularization, Product Policy), Product Industrialization (product process design, Production Planning), Manufacturing & Assembly, Program management and Know-how management, and Industry 4.0.
In 1997, his first job was in one of the Big Consulting Firms (Deloitte Consulting), working on Process Re Design et Operations Efficiency improvement, aligned with IS solutions (mainly SAP). Il worked on Extended Supply Chain, from Production planning to Manufacturing & traceability, but also Purchasing & Procurement, Quality Process and Industrial Controlling. He worked in Automotive and Pharmaceuticals Areas.
In 2002, he joined Galeries Lafayette group (Fashion Department Stores) to contribute to the Global Transformation Project of the Brand. He was in charge of Process re design, from Collection Management, Replenishment, Logistics flows, Promotions Management…). In 2005, he was in charge of the Controlling of the Marketing Direction.
In 2006, He joined Thales Group, as internal consultant, in order to bring his expertise in Operations Efficiency Optimization. He worked for Thales Alenia Space, Radar Surface, Airbus Defense & Space, Airbus Civil Aircrafts and La Poste Group. The key domains addressed were Process re definition, OTIF optimization, Product Design rethink (product policy, Modularization) and Industrialization & Production planning.
Beg. 2016, he joined Mews Partners as Senior Manager. He worked for DCNS, Zodiac Seats and Nexter, on PLM Program scoping and Industrialization domains. End of 2017, he joined the Aerospace & Defense Competency center of STEP Consulting.
GEOFFREY - Director
Geoffrey is an engineer graduated from SUPAERO. He has 7 years of experience and 4 in consulting.
Starting his career in an aerospace manufacturer design office, he discovers this sector by participating to several product development projects from design to validation phases.
In 2006, he conducted a radical change in his career path and took the lead of the “Organization & Methods” department of a retailer. During 2 years he led an ambitious transformation program aiming at reducing costs and at improving operational performance. In this frame, Geoffrey was particularly focused on critical topics such as supply chain optimization, inventory reduction and margin management through product mix optimization.
With the benefits of these 2 experiences he started in 2008 a consultant career and has developed since an interesting track record in aerospace industry, delivering some key achievements such as:
- Transformation of the whole Customer Service organization (MRO, supply chain, engineering, training,…) of a major aircraft manufacturer . A short diagnosis allowed to develop quick fixes to rapidly increase the performance while implementing long-term solution to have sustainable changes.
- Optimization of product offers and new services development for “Technical publications” department of an helicopter manufacturer,
- Harmonization of the industrialization guidelines between the different manufacturing plants of a key player of the aerospace sector. Objectives are to reduce costs, to promote best practices and to harmonize the production means.
Airbus, Airbus Military, Eurocopter, Thales Alenia Space, SAFRAN
NICOLAS - Director
With more than 15 years of experience in the Aerospace & Defense sector, Nicolas worked 10 years as consultant for several major A&D stakeholders: OEM, MRO players and operators.
Nicolas started his career as engineer at Ratier-Figeac and Airbus. During 4 years, he was successively in charge of production management, supply chain optimization and continuous improvement.
With the benefits of these operational experience, he engaged into a consultant career involving in major successful transformation projects, such as:
- Definition and development of a digital costing solution for aerostructure detailed parts
- Support contract negotiation of detailed parts for procurement
- Business Process Re-engineering for airline maintenance activities (50 aircrafts)
- Customer support strategy definition for a helicopters manufacturer
- Spares parts processes definition
- PBH and repair contract management
- Design and implementation of customer support and maintenance solutions
- Optimization of helicopters platform profitability
THIERRY - Director
Thierry, graduated from SUPAERO, has over 15 years of experience in Aerospace and in Management consulting, leading operating projects. For the past six years, he support sector leaders in their operations breakthroughs.
He started his career in the aerospace field, in various operational roles for constructor leaders, with involvements on international operations (USA, UK and Germany). During this time, he pragmatically addressed issues relative to Design, Purchasing, Supply chain, Production as well as Customer support. For the European division of a 1st tier aerospace supplier, being at the Board of Directors allowed him to lead major strategic projects impacting the full company value chain (including MRO, Sales and Finance).
After 8 years in aerospace, he decided to sharpen his transformation skills by developing a consulting company with value proposition addressing manufacturing company needs. In link with this objective, he also supported the development of the French Operation Transformation division of a leader in Management consulting, where he led key projects and build innovative approaches in industrial and services sectors.
Thierry is mainly involved in Operations breakthroughs, taking place along the full customer value chain, within manufacturing industries in the following three sectors:
- Aeronautical and Space
CYRILL - Manager
Cyrill has 8 years experience in management consulting. Graduated from Supaero, his key areas of expertise are transformation and performance management programs in industrial sector.
- Cyrill start his professional career in 2011 as internal consultant in Thales Group. He gets there a first experience of process improvement for Support & Services activities, then on PLM solutions deployment for Thales Alenia Space and SAFRAN Snecma.
- During two projects at the French Ministry of Finance in 2014 and 2015 he works on industrialization of real estate financial assessment and on the re-organization of « Real Estate Strategy and Expertise » department.
- He joins in 2016 the « Company Excellence System » project at Airbus Helicopter as Program director deputy. Target is to improve Company process performance through Lead-time reduction, cost monitoring, digitalization and process adherence.
- In 2017 in Airbus Costing department he takes part to the “Digital costing” program, ambitious transformation aiming as industrializing Part and Assembly costing based on analytics models and Machine learning. Outputs are used for procurement contracts negotiations (several hundreds of m€ of savings), for Design-to-Cost projects or for new Aircraft development programs.
- In 2019 he joins SHIFT program to improve performance of Nexans industrial sites, one of bigger cable-maker in the world. He is in charge to perform a 360° diagnostic of sales, industrial and logistics performance of Nexans China then Nexans Morocco.
Main references: Airbus, Airbus-Helicopter, Nexans, Thales, Safran-Snecma, Thales Alenia Space, French Ministry of Finance.
FARID - Manager
Manager, Farid has 18 years experience in management consulting and holds a double degree from Ecole Supérieure d’Ingénieurs de Beyrouth and from Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Paris.
He starts at Coopers and Lybrand in 1998 where he performs several missions for telecom operators facing the transition from a monopolistic position to a new market open to competition.
He joins Step Consulting in 2004 and dedicate his career to operations improvement for big aerospace players. His industry specialization allows him to lead projects in all corporate activities.
He coaches and accompanies several profiles of change leaders, helping them to leverage their technical and human abilities while facing transverse problematic and complex stakeholders configurations.
- Industrialization of a highly growing upgrade services activity
- Recovery of a maintenance activity facing a strong loss of margin
- Reorganization of a Spare Parts management activity : technical / supply chain skills
- Stabilization of an IS portfolio growing costs for a customer services business unit
- Restructuring of Marketing (from product to process) for a new paying services policy
- Acquisition study (market position, growth scenario, target) to expand in services
- P&L projection for strategic planning : new services, price increase, delocalization
Serial Production and Customization
- Definition of tier-1 supplier integrators to reduce missing parts, assembly issues
- Introduction of concurrent engineering to secure highly customized product deliveries
- Customer Relationship Policy to control information exchanged on complex deals
Product Development in Detailed Design Phase
- Management of a change program to improve systems/structure integration activities
- Unified planning engineering/manufacturing to recover late qualifications
- Standardization of elementary parts during/after a peek of late design activities
Product Development in Concept Phase
- Alignment of industrial and commercial organizations on a new product concept
- Reduction of R&D to Engineering transfer lead-time to fit in market timing constraints
- Reinforcement of stress calculation authority on the airframe extended enterprise
- Workload / Workforce matching to face competence penury and moving market
FREDERIC - Manager
Frederic has 9 years of experience in consulting, including 6 years in strategy consulting. He has been mainly involved in growth projects along with transformation programs supervision.
Frederic started his career in strategy consulting, after being graduated in 2008 (Dauphine) and 2010 (Centrale). For 6 years, Frederic has been involved in about thirty projects in various sectors ranging from retail to railway engineering.
He worked on three main types of issues:
- M&A projects: growth plan structuration, commercial offers development, BP modelling as part of strategic DD ;
- Operational performance improvement projects: redesign of a network of construction materials branches, structuration of a production blueprint of an engineering group;
- Business development projects: R&D reorganization of an IT solutions leader for air transportation, redesign of advertising activities for a media group.
He acquired a strong financial and strategic analyzes background and developed his ability to link strategic roadmaps with operational deployment constraints. He also completed his experience being part of PMO team in transformational project.
Frederic keeps on developing those skills along with STEP Consulting since July 2016 especially working for an industrial player with worldwide footprint. His integration within the Team in charge of a Global transformation plan allows him to deepen his expertise:
- Customer & product portfolio segmentation and redesign of pricing model;
- Challenge of production costs and stock policy;
- Working Capital optimization focusing on DSO and DPO through payment terms policy (customers and suppliers).
Main references: Nexans, Systra, Amadeus, Schneider Electric, Alstom, Ouest-France.
GENNARO - Manager
Gennaro graduated from SUPAERO, a French engineering school for Aeronautics and Space. He has 11 years experience including 9 in management consulting where he developed a strong expertise in operating models transformation. In the aerospace industry, he has a strong experience on controlling & manufacturing issues, particularly in big data & analytics environments.
Gennaro started his career in 2008 as a financial engineer on the Italian capital markets for Société Générale CIB, contributing to the pricing of Equity derivative products.
In 2010, he decided to join one of the top consulting firms for management consulting and focused on Operating models transformation, first in Financial and Telecom services and then more recently among manufacturing industries.
Throughout these 4 years he as developed strong methodologies to apprehend complex technical contents and reinforced his functional competencies around organization / process optimization, program management, operational risk audit and business outsourcing.
He joined STEP Consulting to refocus on operational performance improvement, especially in the Aerospace industry where he built a a strong expertise in big data & analytics environments:
- Transformation programs (project streamlining, financial monitoring, decision dossier…)
- Production & Manufacturing engineering (industry 4.0, line balancing,…)
- Subsidiaries management & controlling
- Procurement controlling, cash monitoring and forecasting Industrial controlling & recurring costs forecasting (material, detail parts,…)
TIMOTHEE - Manager
Timothée graduated from Ecole Centrale de Lyon. He has 9 years professional experience, including 5 in the aeronautics industry and 4 in consulting.
After a first professional experience within Airbus Helicopters (ex Eurocopter) design office in Germany (design and R&T), Timothée integrates the design office of Dassault Aviation, within a transverse team in charge of the management of the structural interfaces between Work Packages (internally manufactured or outsourced) for business jets and Rafale fighter.
He joins STEP Consulting in 2013 in order to be part of improvement projects on various fields, while maintaining high operational impact. His missions mainly dealt with:
- Procurement performance improvement: support to Request for Proposals, renegotiations and claim management for aeronautics leaders…
- Engineering performance improvement: design process optimization, activities planning and deliverable securing at for an aeronautics leader…
- Change projects: maintenance activities internalization at a nuclear leader (new entity organization with workforce geographical and technical distribution based on workload forecasts, support to recruitment), creation of a new job at the Customer Service of an aeronautics leader…
- Project management controlling: definition of new methods and implementation of tools for an important investment project of an energy leader (WBS/OBS/CBS, estimation and follow-up of technical and economical hypotheses, costs and risks monitoring…)
ACHRAF - Consultant
Achraf graduated from Supaero and has 4 years of experience in the aerospace, energy and automotive industries.
During his studies, Achraf deepened his knowledge of advanced technologies by completing various internships. He developed an innovative algorithm to damp aircraft vibrations for AIRBUS and created new thermal and aerodynamic simulation tool for SAFRAN.
In 2014, he started his career in the R&D department of Alstom hydro Power. He implemented a new product development process and helped the design team use it.
In 2015, he joined PSA Peugeot Citroën to contribute to the development of engine components during all the lifecycle. He managed suppliers and coordinated design, validation and production teams. He also conducted Re-Design To Cost studies.
In 2017, he joined STEP Consulting and was involved on a major transformation project which defines a target price for thousands of Aerostructure parts, through massive processing of Engineering data. He analyzed costing results and proposed solutions to ensure good quality and planning respect.
CYRIL - Senior Consultant
Cyril has 6 years of experience in the energy industry. His key domains are innovation, R&D, and the oilfield industry. He graduated from ESPCI Paris and Mines ParisTech.
In 2011, he starts his career in the energy management industry with experiences at Schneider Electric and Energy Pool on projects related to the development of automated Demand Response (electric network load balancing) for the industrial sector.
In 2012, he joins the oilfield industry as a field engineer and acquires operationnal skills on plateforms in Russia. He then moves on to product development in France.
He conducted the development of materials dedicated to the oilfield industry with objectives of lowering the cost of ownership, slashing product development time and / or technological ruptures.
His scope of expertise encompasses implementation of product development processes, stimulation of know-how development and sharing to increase innovation efficiency.
After 5 years in Schlumberger, he joined STEP Consulting to contribute to its development.
JOAQUIN - Senior Consultant
Joaquin obtained engineering degrees from Ecole Polytechnique (France) and Pontificia Universidad Catolica (Chile). He has 6 years of experience in the energy sector.
Joaquin started his career in the Nuclear Engineering department of EDF, France biggest utility, where he was in charge of several activities:
- Technical engineering studies: The creation of numerical simulations and data analysis to provide technical answers that helped diversify the company’s fuel supply, increase its power stations’ lifetime and conceive new nuclear power stations
- Software development: The development of bespoke software and algorithms to increase the efficiency and reliability of the engineering studies that allow justifying the safety of the company’s power stations and the design of new nuclear power plants
- Continuous improvement: The management of contracts to obtain the certification of new engineering software and tools
- UK project correspondent: Worked for the British branch of the company in the construction of a 20 b€ power plant as technical expert, helping to solve several regulatory nuclear safety issues by presenting numerical simulations of the power plant’s behaviour under accidental conditions
Thanks to his broad educational and professional background, he is comfortable working with a large variety of professionals and in very international environments.
MARTIN - Senior Consultant
Martin has 6 years operational experience in Aerospace and Defense industry. He graduated from Ecole Polytechnique in France and from KTH in Sweden.
Martin started his carrier in 2011 at Safran Aircraft Engines in the preliminary design and R&T team. As a engine performance engineer, he was in charge of developing new disruptive concepts for the coming new generation engines (EIS 2030-2030). Later, Martin started the first studies for the FCAS project which is a stealth and military drone designed for Fr and UK MoD. During this project, he worked in collaboration with Rolls-Royce UK, Dassault and Bae.
In 2016, Martin joined the spare parts revenue forecast department. He was the manager of the CFM/LEAP forecast and analysis unit. CFM spare parts sales are the main source of revenue for Safran Aircraft Engines thus short and long term forecasts are key analysis to help Safran board making strategic decisions.
His experience covers a strong knowledge of innovation, MRO market, challenges and competitors in aerospace industry. He developed skills for both project and team management.
MORGANE - Senior Consultant
Graduated from Sciences Po Paris and holding an Advanced Master from HEC Paris, Morgane has four years of operational experience in Purchasing, Lean Manufacturing and Project Management. She has been mainly acting for high technology companies in Aeronautics and Oil & Gas sectors.
Through her experience, Morgane has developed her competencies in Purchasing defining strategies for commodities and major suppliers, managing several requests for proposals, leading commercial and contractual negotiations and following up contracts’ execution.
>She also monitored suppliers’ overall performance (including logistics, quality and industrial) from the award to the serial production phase and the definition and implementation of corrective actions plans in case of deviations or logistic / quality crisis.
Morgane did also lead and/or participate to high-value content projects such as:
- Recurring costs reduction through the implementation of technical and commercial actions
- Supply-Chain optimization and competitiveness improvement with the application of Lean Manufacturing practices
- Development of strategical partnerships
- Design of new Make or Buy policies
Morgane is certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
End of 2017, she has joined STEP Consulting in order to extend the range of her activities and to work on complex transformation programs.
Nicolas - Senior Consultant
Nicolas graduated from ISAE-SUPAERO engineering school with DESIA complementary degree in Business Engineering. He has 4 years of experience in management consulting for the aeronautical industry.
Nicolas joins STEP Consulting in September 2019 after a first professional experience in Accenture started in 2015. He supported his clients from the aeronautical industry on Mergers & Acquisitions topics and in particular the impacts on Information Systems, making the link between the client business stakes and the associated technical requirements :
- Assessment of targets in the frame of Due Diligences,
- Definition of related transformation projects (Post-Merger Integration – PMI),
- Management of PMI execution,
- Post-PMI management of client’s affiliates.
He also worked on internal restructuration projects and on the management of Brexit impacts with specific focus on logistic flows.
In the frame of his aeronautical engineering studies with specialization in propulsion, Nicolas also developed his skills and his industry knowledge thanks to internships:
- Optimization of processes within Airbus commercial office in Dubai,
- Development of aircraft engine architecture drafts for Safran Aircraft Engines.
Main references: Airbus, Safran.
RAPHAEL - Senior Consultant
Raphael holds a French engineering degree from Ecole Centrale Paris and a Master of Science from KTH Stockholm. He has 5 years experience in R&D in the aeronautics and defense area.
Raphael begun his career in an industrial engineering department and followed at ONERA as a research engineer. I successively took technical and scientific roles and then more project oriented, with planning and management for the French DGA, Dassault and Safran.
He participated in, leaded and managed several internal project for the improvement of operational infrastructures. These missions improved the flexibility of experimental and numerical scope of ONERA engineering offer in fluid dynamics, along with operating cost reduction. He additionally provided scientific analysis for hybrid propulsion and performance improvement for in-flight engines.
These transvers roles allowed him to gain a field experience in multiple functions:
- Engineering department: internal processes, PLM methods and management
- Production: field team management, performance monitoring and transformation for modernisation
- Fabrication: machining, additive manufacturing and fluid systems
- Procurement: internal processes and workings
- Project: planning, financing, audit and monitoring, with a data driven culture
Raphael joined STEP Consulting in 2018 at the Toulouse office to provide his hands-on, research and analytics background for performance improvement of industrial processes.
REMI - Senior Consultant
Rémi has 6 years of experience in Aerospace sector, including 2 years in the United States. His key domains are financial engineering, digital transformation and performance improvement.
Rémi started his career in 2011 in Airbus where he worked on financial analysis for several mergers & acquisitions projects in aerospace services (MRO, Air-Traffic-Management, Software …), as well as innovation projects through joint-ventures and participations.
In 2013 he joined Airbus Americas in Washington D.C. to work on Airbus new Final Assembly Line project in Mobile (Alabama) . In this complex and international context he was in charge of the financial control of this major project.
He joined STEP Consulting in 2015 and contributed to a wide variety of Aerospace projects, mainly on industrial topics and:
- Definition of a new business model and transformation plan for a Aerospace cabin outfitter
- Contract review and improvement opportunities identification for Flight Hour Services (FHS) Contracts
- Management and technical Audit of a big data project on industrial bill of material management
- Optimization of the Stock Management of 10 plants and 8 warehouses all across Europe in Aerospace
- Definition and Industrialization of digital transformation in manufacturing environment (industry 4.0)
ALEXANDRE - Consultant
Alexandre is graduated from Arts et Métiers Paristech and holds a Master of Science from the Budapest University of Technology and Economics. He has three years of experience in management consulting for industrial players, especially in the Aeronautics and Defense sector.
After internships at EDF Energy and Safran Electrical & Power, Alexandre joined the Operations practice of a major consulting firm where he contributed to improve the supply chain of his customers in various industrial sectors: aeronautical maintenance, defense, automotive, mining, cosmetics, agri-food. In a highly internationalized context, he worked on 3 main types of projects:
- Industrial strategy and blueprints: Strategic recommendations and dimensioning of a MRO activity, Production blueprint definition, IT blueprint definition
- Business planning and risk management: Industrial planning process reengineering, Continuity management program roll-out
- Digitalization of Operations and Operational Excellence: Tool scoping and implementation, Change management, Lean Manufacturing
Alexandre joins STEP Consulting in 2018 to lead performance improvement projects in the Aeronautics and Defense sector.
Alexandre - Consultant
Alexandre holds a French engineering degree from Ecole Centrale Paris and a Master of Science from KTH Stockholm. He has 4 years of experience in the aerospace industry, both in France and abroad.
Alexandre starts his career with a first mission in thermal engineering at Thales Alenia Space. He then moves to the USA for two years where he takes part in the orbiting and validation of a satellite constellation. In a context with high business stakes, he controls and ensures the behaviour of several sub-systems and provides support to the customer in solving anomalies.
He joins the Digital Transformation service afterwards, contributing to disruptive projects on strategic products. Notably, he takes part in the elaboration of several offers about the “Digital Twin” concept and about a Cloud platform exploiting all satellite data.
These various missions allowed him to gain a robust field experience:
- Engineering department : modelling methods, project management
- Services & Support : system exploitation, customer relationship, anomaly management
- Bid Offers & Innovation: customer needs capture, agile elaboration of technical solutions
As a consultant, he puts these skills at the service of his customers to help them digitalize industrial operations and improve performance.
ALICIA - Consultante
Alicia graduated from ENSICA and holds APICS, CPIM-Basics of Supply Chain Management certificate.
After a general aerospace engineering training, Alicia specialised in Industrial Engineering and got APICS, CPIM – Basics of Supply Chain Management certificate.
Besides her study, she diversified and improved her skills through various internships, in particular as part of her gap year during which she firstly focused on the design of fuselage panels draped in composite at Stelia Aerospace R&T. She then worked at Ariane Group on configuration management definition for Ariane rockets’ electro valves. Moreover, as part of her final study internship, she contributed to a capacity analysis project for space suppliers within Airbus Defence & Space’s supplier development team.
In 2017, she joined STEP Consulting in Toulouse in order to strengthen her skills and contribute to diverse improvement projects with industry leaders.
Aurélien - Consultant
Aurélien is graduated from the University of Technology of Troyes (UTT) in Industrial Engineering. He is specialized in external logistics and transportation.
Throughout his university course, he studied complex systems modeling applied for industry and supply chain, project management and management support tools.
During his first experience, in the logistics branch of a major furniture retailer, he reorganized and created performance monitoring tools for the four main divisions (Goods reception / Purchase order preparation / shipping / inventory management).
Driven by this experience in logistics, he developed his consultant skills for a major actor in transformation consulting, missioned by the operational procurement department of a main European aircraft manufacturer (process control and optimization, KPI setting up).
CEDRIC - Consultant
Cédric is graduated from Ecole Centrale Paris and holds a PhD in Physics from Ecole Polytechnique. He has four-year experience in Research in Microelectronics, Energy and Defense.
Cédric began his career in Research in Microelectronics at the French Atomic Energy Commission in Grenoble and at Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (German metrology institute) in Braunschweig.
He performed his PhD at Ecole Polytechnique and at the French Atomic Energy Commission (Military Application Department) in Paris. He studied thermonuclear fusion for Energy and Defense applications. His main missions were:
- To carry out experiments on high-intensity laser facilities in France and in the US
- To exploit these experiments with experimental and numerical collaborators
- To publish scientific papers in international peer-reviewed journals
- To present his work at international conferences in France and in the US
He was awarded the PhD Prize from the Doctoral School Waves and Matter of Paris-Saclay University for his work.
Cédric has developed for his research activities skills in data processing and statistical analysis, which he deploys additionally to his general engineer education during his missions as consultant.
CLEMENT - Consultant
After graduating in supply chain management from ISEL engineering school and in supply management from ESSEC, Clément worked more than 3 years in Aviation Maintenance and Airport services as purchasing projects manager. He also developed a strong expertise in supply chain optimization within an e-commerce company.
His experience within an airline company enabled him to master the economic issues and constraints of a final customer of the aeronautical industry as well as apprehend the MRO market. Moreover he led the negotiations of PBH maintenance contracts of rotable equipements.
He also led concrete actions towards working capital requirements reduction such as:
- Supply chain: Inventory optimization, parts availability improvement, decrease of the average purchasing prices
- Make or Buy: Analysis on Marketing consumables purchases
- Purchasing Strategy: Analysis of purchasing portfolio and action plan set up.
In a different context, for an e-commerce company, he coordinated the set up of a new cross-docking flow which led to the decrease of inventory, the increase of the number of products available for customer purchase and the opening of new delivery options.
CLEMENT - Consultant
Clément is an engineer from CentraleSupélec. He completed the curriculum of the former school École Centrale Paris before a first experience in operational excellence.
Following a general training in engineering sciences, Clément underwent a training in industrial engineering at CentraleSupélec. He specialized in project management and complex systems architecture following the Conception and Industrialization of Products and Services course.
In the meantime, he perfected his professional and managerial skills during various internships and a gap year. He worked as an internal consultant for an actor of the domestic solar system market in Sub-Saharan Africa. There, he handled the optimization of operational processes, and prepared the widening of the product range.
FLORIAN - Consultant
Florian graduated in engineering and applied mathematics from ENSTA ParisTech. He has two year experience as management consultant for financial divisions of large groups and two years as trainer coordinator for an international NGO.
As part of his studies, Florian performed two research internship for public actors. His mission was to use optimisation algorithms to minimize costs of energy grids and transportation networks. He was also coordinator for internal training in an international NGO, steering a team of 100 trainers and a portfolio of 30 projects.
In 2017 he joined Argon Consulting and worked on the creation of their Robotic Process Automation (RPA) offer. He took part in several Automation Strategy missions for purchasing, accounting and operational support directions. He also participated in the organizational transformation and shared services development of a leader in car retail in France.
Those experiences gave him in-depth insight on a variety of business process from temporary work management to financial piloting. As part of his assignment in Banque Publique d’Investissement (Bpifrance), he was the coordinator of all automation initiatives throughout the company. He lead 8 in parallel automation initiatives for the legal, HR, transformation and financial guarantee divisions.
His latest assignment is in Aircraft compliance, for Airbus, using digital technologies and process transformation to standardize and automate compliance data gathering.
Lucie - Consultant
Lucie is graduated from the Toulouse School of Economics with an international Master’s degree in Economics, specialized in Economics of Markets and Organizations.
Her specialized training enables her to understand the economic relations in industry such as the strategic interactions of companies and the main determinants of competitiveness in a market, thanks to the skills acquired throughout her academic career in France and England:
- Industrial Organizations
- Game Theory
She mobilized her skills in data analysis and modeling during a research internship in partnership with EDF, ENGIE and TOTAL. She created a database of costs, investment and markets in the energy production sector in Europe and analyzed the challenges of decarbonization via alternative energy sources.
She was also involved in an internship with a leader in aeronautical tools on a project to optimize profitability, by using various improvement levers:
- Pricing studies and targeting of high potential products
- Score analysis and optimization of production costs
As a consultant, she is involved in performance improvement projects for major aircraft manufacturers.
LUCIE – Consultant
MARIAN - Consultant
Marian is graduated from INSA Lyon, and holds a Specialized Master degree « Leading International Industrial Projects » from Ecole Polytechnique (X) / ESSEC
Marian holds a general engineer degree and a specialized master in International Project Management. During his studies, he reinforced his technical and management skills through internships in both energy and medical sectors (design office, construction work coordination, transformation project management).
He starts his professional career as a Consultant in the aeronautical sector. During a year, he contributed to two transversal transformation projects for a helicopter manufacturer leader:
- Reshape and optimize the worldwide sales network (sales, MRO, spares)
- Boost the Support and Services activities
Throughout these missions, Marian was able to adapt quickly and to relate the client business challenges with data analysis, together with data scientists teams. He also participated to a Data Analytics tool development for monitoring Spares and MRO activities (evolutions and trends, pricing and commercial policy, customer knowledge).
OUALI - Consultant
Ouali is graduated from ISAE- SUPAERO and DESIA [« Diplôme d’Enseignement Supérieur en Ingénierie des Affaires » i.e. Higher Education Diploma in Business Engineering]
During his studies, he maded a gap year to acquire a first professional experience. He went on a first internship in a SMEs to help the company to improve and automate its administrative processes. The second internship took place in a doctor’s office where he set up a patient monitoring software. Back to ISAE- SUPAERO, he choosed IF [« Ingénierie Financière» i.e. Financial Engineering] and ETE [« Energie Transport Environnement » i.e. Energy Transport Environment] as a specialty. With the goal to work in a consulting firm, he thus integrated DESIA.
Ouali contributed to the market analysis for a leader in the cyber security and ID documents. He worked on several topics: Data collection & consolidation and Market modelling. In addition, he took part in Digital Costing project aiming at the determination of a right price target to help a major player in the aerospace sector in its negotiations with suppliers.
Ozias - Consultant
Ozias is graduated from Paris School of Business in Corporate Finance and from l’ESSEC Business School in strategy.
Prior to joining STEP Consulting, Ozias worked in a leading strategic consulting firm.
He contributed to many projects in the field of insurance and asset management: Due Diligence buyer / seller, M&A, organization and turnaround.
During his studies, Ozias specialized in finance and strategy, particularly in M&A and industrial strategy. He has done several internship and work experience experiences, particularly at Safran in R&T, then in investments at Amundi and Axa, and finally in M&A at JCDecaux.
STEFANO - Consultant
Stefano graduated from Audencia Nantes business school, with a 2-year experience on product lines and business development in international environments.
Stefano first experienced Product Line management for Consumer Goods world leaders, in the pharma and agri-food industries. These experiences included Performance monitoring with business & financial dashboards, as well as the digitalization of the brands communication. Stefano also participated in the global yearly strategy of each brand he was working on.
Then, Stefano supported the business development of French companies in Australia during one year, including market studies, business model build-up, local Partnerships setting-up and identification of acquisition targets. Through this experience, Stefano developed strong analytical skills as well as solid client and project management skills.
Stefano evolved in very international environments, with a focus on marketing and business.
TANGUY - Consultant
Tanguy, a University of Warwick (UK) and HEC Paris graduate, has one year of experience in consulting.
Tanguy began his studies in England at The University of Warwick (UK) and pursued them in France at HEC Paris.
Between 2012 and 2015 Tanguy completed two internships in tier one strategy consulting firms during which he participated in various projects such as, improving the performance of the purchasing department of a large industrial company and elaborating a new market entry strategy for a Japanese telecom player in Southeast Asia.
His internship, carried out in 2015 within Safran’s Strategic Marketing department, allowed him to deepen his knowledge of the players and stakes of the aerospace industry by working on major civil aircraft programs’ production rates.
In 2016, he joined a consulting firm in which he participated in the development of a cost reduction plan for a French regional player in the energy sector and worked on the carve-out of a € 2 billion turnover entity.
In 2017, he joined STEP Consulting to work on projects in the Aerospace and Defense industries.
THIBAULT - Consultant
Thibault is graduated from ISAE – ENSICA. He also holds and APICS certificate in Supply Chain Management, as well a DESIA from SUPAERO (Business & Management certification).
In the frame of his Engineering studies, Thibault acquired both technical and management skills, reinforced by his two internships. He first worked as Project Management Coordinator at Zodiac Aerospace in a plant located in Thailand on supply chain improvement projects. He also experienced business consulting in international environment in his second internship, where he implemented a project management tool for the French leader of pharmaceutical industry.
In STEP Consulting, his first assignment was on a major digital transformation of a key player of the aerostructure business. He contributed to the full digitalization of the production costs analysis and planification process:
- Financial and operational processes modelisation and connection with all relevant data sources (ERP…)
- Interaction with data scientists to build costs prediction algorithms based on Bills of Materials (BoM)
- Identification of data quality issues and process shortfalls, and associated recommendations
- Data visualization development with BI solutions for interactive dashboards deployment
Yassine - Consultant
Yassine graduated from Arts et Métiers ParisTech and holds a Master in Business Administration from IAE Paris. He has more than 3 years experience in strategy & operations consulting.
Yassine started his consultancy career in 2016 by joining a Big4. As a consultant, Yassine took part in many supply chain transformation projects in different environments. With a focus on order to cash processes and digital transformation:
- Helping a trading company on their post-acquisition transformation
- Optimizing the performance of a sales department by reducing orders processing time
- Cost reduction of a logistics platform via IT redesign (SAP / Reflex WM)
- Redesign of SNCF Voyage’s Back Office on sales and invoicing topics (SAP) in order to make SNCF more competitive after the opening to competition of French rail transportation
Before being a consultant, Yassine had the opportunity to work in various industries: consumer goods at P&G (carve out of planning department), automotive industry at Faurecia (Reducing lead time for new products introduction), rails industry at Transdev and other government agencies abroad.